From Calvin to Calvin.
Some fun links to get you ready for football this week:
- In case you didn't hear, the Patriots were caught eating pumpkins. If you didn't think people would have a field day with this, you underestimate the power of the blogosphere. You can check out some new Patriots logos here, here, and here.
- Remember that Jason Campbell commercial that showed off his accuracy? Maybe they should've done that with a long snapper.
- Great news in Buffalo.
- It's always sunny at McDonald's in Philadelphia.
- Since I already photoshopped some Calvin Booth love, I might as well somehow relate a link to him. Booth went to Penn State, so did former Redskin Lavar Arrington who probably has a higher vertical than Jarvis Hayes.
- Chris Cooley is probably going to get suspended by Roger Goodell for making it rain on bank tellers. Well, not really but can't you already see the headlines?
After the jump, my incorrect picks for this week.
Matt Schaub knows what the Panthers are like thanks to his experience in Atlanta, unfortunately that experience isn't going to give him any better shot at winning this week.
The Titans always play the Colts close, but they simply don't have the talent to win this one.
Saints over Buccaneers
Like last year, the Saints open the season with 2 games on the road, and much like last year, they'll be 2-0 heading back to the Superdome.
The Rams have struggled against San Fran in recent years, but St. Louis is going to have a big chip on their shoulder this week after struggling mightily against Carolina.
Bills over Steelers
I was lacking an upset pick this week and I like the Bills chances after what happened last week with Kevin Everett and losing at the last second to the Broncos. Not to mention, the Steelers could get lulled to sleep after a cakewalk in Cleveland last week.
This pick largely hinges on whether or not Eli Manning plays this week, at NFL.com he's listed as "Questionable" also for some reason he's listed as "Elisha Manning."
Hey look! It's the battle between Byron Leftwich's old team and soon-to-be current team. By soon-to-be I mean right after Harrington throws his 3rd interception.
You may have heard that the Romeo Crennel had a coin toss before a game during the preseason to determine who would start at QB for that game. This week, the Browns' owner might flip a coin to see whether or not he fires Crennel right on the spot.
Seahawks over Cardinals
The Cardinals will lose to Seattle, but the Seahawks will also be who they thought they were!
The Lions put up 36 on a good Raiders defense last week, they should be able to score enough to beat the Vikings this week.
Let's just hope Tony Romo has a repeat performance this week, for my fantasy team's sake.
It took me longer to pick which shampoo I wanted to use this morning (I have one bottle) than to pick who I thought would win this game.
Steve McNair and "James" (between this and "Elisha Manning" I'm thinking a New Yorker hacked the NFL.com injury page)Pennington are both questionable for this week's matchup. Baltimore can manage much better with their backup than the Jets can with their backup...or their starter for that matter. Of course, this all goes out the window if Boller tries to force things.
If Oakland won this week, I wouldn't be shocked. But I would be shocked if I actually picked them to win.
Chargers over Patriots
This will be a game where the Chargers dominate and everyone will ask if the Patriots are falling apart after Cameragate, and then the Patriots will come back next week and obliterate Buffalo.
After last week, I lost a lot of confidence in Philly. If they come back and win this week, I wouldn't be surprised in the least but until they do that, I'll take the Redskins to be the spoiler this week.