I apologize for having nothing to post today. I was planning on throwing up a Caron Butler player evaluation (hey, remember those?), but circumstances beyond my control got in the way.
Instead, here's an update of the proceedings of the SB Nation (and friends) NBA Mock Draft, hosted by Indy Cornrows. We're seven picks in (only six have been posted), and no trades have been made as of yet. That'll probably change (maybe soon), but for now, here's what's happened.
NOTE: THIS IS A MOCK DRAFT. WHILE MANY OF THE PARTICIPANTS BELIEVE THEY CAN BE PASSABLE NBA GMS, THEY ARE NOT. THIS IS JUST A FUN EXERCISE.
- Portland Trailblazers: Greg Oden. (Blazers Edge). Apparently, Dave is publicly dangling Zach Randolph in an attempt to get back into the lottery. I'm not sure how he's going to do that, but power to him.
- Seattle Supersonics: Kevin Durant (Sonics Central). I guess that ends the push to bring KD home. Oh well.
- Atlanta Hawks: Al Horford (Impending Firestorm). And the Hawks pass on a franchise point guard once again. At least they didn't take Corey Brewer...
- Memphis Grizzlies: Mike Conley (Clips Nation's mp). Interesting pick here with many great bigs left on the board. I guess if the Grizzlies are going to play an up-tempo style, Conley's a good fit. I actually like this pick a lot.
- Boston Celtics: Yi Jianlian (Green Bandwagon). Oy. Jim channels his Danny Ainge and goes against his instincts of picking Corey Brewer. I'm surprised he didn't trade the pick.
Milwaukee Bucks: Brendan Wright (With Malice). I'm surprised we didn't see Brewer here...he actually plays defense, and the Bucks have an opening at the 3. Wright's upside is off the charts though (even though I despise the word).
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Corey Brewer (I Heart KG). Love the player, not a huge fan of the fit. Where does he play next year?
Be sure to keep tuning in, as the rest of the draft will take place over the next couple weeks, leading you right up to the draft. It's a great chance to get to read some of these fantastic sites.