Highest Plus/Minus: Mike Wilks (-1)
Lowest Plus/Minus: Antawn Jamison (-8)
I'm not going to spend a lot of time analyzing this game because I think most of us could've seen what was going to happen last night as soon as we all learned that Caron was sitting this one out. Just like the final stretch of last year where the Wizards were without Gil and Caron, it was a game where they'd keep it close enough to where you'd think there might be a chance that they'd pull an upset, but deep down you knew that it wasn't going to happen and it never did. Antawn Jamison and Roger Mason both played admirably in defeat, and Brendan Haywood rebounded (both literally and metaphorically) from a lackluster performance against Atlanta but in the end they just didn't have enough.
There's not a whole lot that can be taken from last night's game, but there's still a few questions that need to be answered after last night's game. The first of them being:
1. Why are you linking to a Colts' site? To answer this, I need to first explain that I'm a diehard Colts fan (diehard as in, not a bandwagoner). I don't hate the Redskins or anything like that, they're just not my team. I mention this because I was reading 18 to 88 (the best Colts blog out there that isn't Stampede Blue) and they gave their thoughts on the Pacers game last night, since they're the local team and all. Included within those thoughts are the 10 most likely things not heard during last night's game:
- Wow, those Wizards unis are sharp.
- Tinsley town? That sounds like a great place for kids!
- I love Troy Murphy's game.
- Man, this place is electric tonight!
- 8 bucks for a basket of chicken strips? What a steal!
- Have you logged onto Feverbasketball.com recently?
- Where can I get a David Harrison jersey?
- Why haven't they retired Stipos number?
- What this game really needs is a crazy fan to run onto the court!
- I love this team!
2. How drunk was that guy that ran onto the court? I'm going with somewhere between very drunk and Keon Clark drunk. I mean, you've got to be pretty tipsy to run onto a court with men twice as big as you are just so you can touch the net. But I'm starting to think that Jeff Foster might not have been in his right mind either. If you're 6'11", 211 lbs. and some lunatic started running around the court, would you just try and trip him? Forget that, I'd be going Greg Jones on that fool.
Hopefully everyone (Caron, Antonio, the crazy fan, Keon, and Jeff) all get the help they need in the coming days.