The news about Gilbert's knee is pretty hard to swallow but you know what, it isn't the end of the world. With Thanksgiving tomorrow, now is a good time to stop and think about what the Wizards (and their fans) have to be thankful for (We'll all get to find out what turkey tastes like as vomit! Kidding.):
- First and foremost, that doctors found out about Etan Thomas' heart condition before it became more serious.
- We can moan and groan all day about losing the franchise player, but at least we have a franchise player to lose. How many times have Wizards fans been able to say that in the last 25 years?
- With that said, the Wizards are no better equipped to survive his loss than right now.
- Even without Gilbert, this is easily one of the most entertaining teams to follow in any sport.
- Down to ten (and possibly nine depending Brendan's status over the next few days) we might possibly hear the words "Abe Pollin goes over the luxury tax."
Nick Young can fly.
- Dominic McGuire got his first block tonight!
- Brendan Haywood is this close to have the final permanently affixed to his first name.
- This injury gives Gilbert more time to blog, which isn't the worst thing in the world.
- Gilbert can still win the SportsHuman of the Year award. If a three-legged horse could win this year, a one-legged player/blogger can surely take the award this year!