- You would think with the Wizards game against Zalgiris Kaunas coming tomorrow that the focus of attention would be Darius Songaila, but apparently it's DeShawn Stevenson day in the Wizosphere. It started when The Big Lead found a Myspace message that ALLEDGEDLY (note the big, unsubstantiated rumor all caps lettering that I'm using) came from Stevenson saying that he more or less wants to have a "Freaky Friday" with Lindsay Lohan. In response, The Legend of Cecilio Guante has some additional clauses that Ernie Grunfeld should add to Stevenson's contract. But before you go and start making Georgia Rule jokes, Dan Steinberg went straight to the source and asked him about the accusations and he said this:
"It's not me," he said of the message. "I mean, it's my page, but it's not me saying that." So who wrote that? "I don't know," he said. "We've got to find out. I've got like six [MySpace] pages. You know I'm famous now."
So let's hope for the sake of all that is good in the world that it isn't true. Also in that piece Steinberg also talks about Stevenson's new tattoo which consists of his name...going across his back. Steinz then asks Haywood if he would consider doing something like that to which Brendan said "Nah, I know my last name." No really, that's what he said.
- Bog also reveals that Oleisky Pecherov is going to get buckets, son.
- The latest NBA Festivus is out previewing the Northwest division.
- Speaking of previews, The Basketball Jones came out with their Southeast division preview today. Their guest, Sam Rubenstein of SLAM was high on the Wizards, the hosts on the other hand...
- Speaking of SLAM, I finally got around to reading the latest one. They name Gilbert Arenas as one the 10 players they most want to see relocated (ouch) and suggest some literature for Andray Blatche.
- Mac G tipped me off to this interview with Jarvis Hayes, Jarvis spoke well of his time in Washington so I won't use this as an opportunity to make fun of him.
- In keeping with the interviewing rage, We Rite Goode interviews Jarret Carter who you may know as the brains behind SVP Style.
No Your Links: 10/18/07
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.