The moves the Wiz have made are making me sick. It's hard to support a team who makes all the wrong moves. I'm sorry but EG has only signed 1 decent player to a decent contract since he's been in control - Paul Pierce; and even that signing is suspect with Pierce's age and second year player option (he's retiring next season unless we make it to the 2nd round, at least).
It is ridiculous how much love (even if its not that much) he's getting for his recent transactions.
- Moving our draft pick for a few bucks. Granted we probably wouldn't have added much value to our roster with the pick but c'mon...really. We all the know the team is profitable already so why, just why?
- Giving Gortat $12M a season for the next five years after giving up Okafor. Why didn't we sign Pekovic when we had the chance. He's younger and puts up slightly better numbers, plus Okafor could still be on our bench ready to block some shots and get some put-backs.
- A Sign and trade for Ariza where all we got was a few dollars for future trade exceptions. We should have told them no, you want Ariza you can figure out how to get him but I want Asik or Parsons to do a sign and trade.
- Paul Pierce adds a nice veteran presence and some much needed 1-on-1 scoring ability but he's too old to play the kind of minutes we need him to and his defense as been on a slow decent as his age has risen.
- Dejuan Blair - if we sign him I'm out as a Wizards fan. Drew Gooden's bum-ass is enough garbage on the bench.
Bottom Line: I saw a lot of moves this off-season, and a ton in the East, that are moving the Wiz down the list for playoff spots and I'm not even seeing the #8 spot for my team - The Washington Wizards.
- New York
And in 2-3 seasons be on the look-out for Philly, Milwaukee, Boston, and Orlando
PS: The fans who post "love" for EG are making me sicker.