I know I am not alone in thinking that this is may very well be the dumbest play ever designed.
For those of you wondering what the fuck I am talking about, let me describe Witt's masterpiece in all of its glory.
Here is the play:
- We have Beal run toward Nene (or Gortat). Now there are four players, two of which are defenders, in a 4 foot radius
- At this point, Brad runs around said Center like he is playing ring around the rosie
- Nene holds the ball out with one arm and twirls in place, trying to follow Beal's movements.
- There is a good chance we don't make it to the next part of the play because the ball gets stolen. But if we do....
- Beal continues to circle the big man like a shark for at the very least 3 full rotations
- However, unlike ring around the rosie, we all don't fall down. No,instead, Beal launches a double teamed 19 footer while dizzy
- Now because you could fit a small school bus between our big man and the basket, we have pretty much assured that we will lose the inevitable rebound that will come from this horribly designed play
- The defender guarding Beal leaks out and the rest is history