Stop me if you've heard this before: The Wizards keep winning and they also keep running in place in the Eastern Conference standings.
That's the situation after yet another weekend where the teams ahead of the Wizards wouldn't lose. Specifically, the Bulls won yet again, topping the Heat because Joakim Noah is incapable of letting off the gas. The Raptors also quietly keep winning, and Brooklyn, despite a hiccup Friday against Boston, isn't slowing down anytime soon.
The good news is that the Wizards should avoid finishing in seventh or eighth. But they'll need to keep winning to keep pace with the other teams around them.
Here are the current East standings:
- Indiana: 46-17
- Miami: 43-17 (1.5 GB)
- Toronto: 35-26
- Chicago: 35-28 (1 GB of TOR)
- Washington: 33-29 (1.5 GB of CHI, 2.5 GB of TOR)
- Brooklyn: 31-30 (1.5 GB of WAS)
- Charlotte: 29-34 (4.5 GB of WAS)
- Atlanta: 26-35
- Detroit: 24-39 (3 GB of ATL)
- New York: 24-40 (3.5 GB of ATL)
- Cleveland: 24-40 (3.5 GB of ATL)