In their ongoing quest to upgrade the backup point guard slot, the Wizards have called the Milwaukee Bucks about Luke Ridnour, according to CBS Sports' Ken Berger. Other teams, including the Sacramento Kings, have done the same, Berger reports.
Ridnour has long been a reliable option for many different teams, but he's lost minutes this year as the Bucks prefer to go with youngsters Brandon Knight and Nate Wolters. He's also been dealing with back issues, which have kept him in and out of the lineup throughout the past month. He's only played more than 20 minutes a game once since January 18.
If healthy, Ridnour is a solid offensive caretaker that can shoot and run an offense effectively. He is definitely not a very good defender. Contract-wise, he's got just year at $4.4 million left, so acquiring him would likely cost multiple members of the Flotsam or other players.
- Who belongs on the Wizards' Mount Rushmore?
- John Wall says there'll be 'extra bodies involved' in Dunk Contest
- Magical Pixels, Wizards vs. Rockets: Someone book James Harden on Inside the Actors Studio
- Wizards vs. Rockets: Washington's players, coaches clearly angry about ending
- WizGear Review: The Wall-Star Shoe!