Welcome to the Jan Vesely Edition of Magical Pixels. Not sure we'll ever get a chance to do this again, so here goes.
Vesely had 12 points and seven rebounds in 22 minutes off the bench against the Pelicans, and his plus-13 was double that of any of his teammates. Still, this wouldn't normally be an eye-catching performance from an NBA player, but this is Jan Vesely, folks.
As you might imagine, #Wizards twitter lost it's mind, especially given that Vesely's points tend to be either a) spectacular like an alley-oop, or b) wildly unexpected , like a natural-looking hook shot. Yesterday was no exception, and everyone got very excited.
It helped that the rest of the team played well. Trevor Ariza led the team with 21 points and also pulled down 10 rebounds. John Wall had 20 points, six assists and shot 3-of-4 from three. Bradley Beal chipped in 17 points and four assists. Marcin Gortat had another double-double, with 11 points and 14 boards.
But enough of that noise. Back to Vesely...
A brief departure from #AirWolFest...
47.6 - The Wizards' three-point shooting percentage against the Pelicans.
TWEETS OF THE NIGHT
We need a nickname for Jan’s hook shot. Perhaps Honza Civic?— Bullets Forever (@BulletsForever) January 9, 2014
Jan Vesely should retire tonight— PAT RILEY (@ROY_HOLLADAY) January 9, 2014
Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) January 9, 2014
VIDEO/GIF OF THE NIGHT
Bask in it, Wiz fans.
GAMETHREAD COMMENT OF THE NIGHT
We don't always go with the most rec'd comment, but when one received four-times as many rec's as the next closest comment, you kinda have to go with the people. And man, they picked a good one.
- Wizards vs. Pelicans final score: Washington does enough in first 40 minutes to secure 102-96 victory
- Wizards vs. Pelicans: Washington hangs on after nearly blowing huge lead
- Wizards vs. Pelicans preview: Will this be a (Big) easy trip?
- Magical Pixels, Wizards vs. Bobcats: Washington actually wins a game in the third quarter
- Wizards vs. Bobcats final score: Marcin Gortat and Bradley Beal lead the way to 97-83 win