Yup, this is another injury post. The latest victim to the Wizards' never-ending bad luck: Otto Porter. The Wizards' rookie was limited in the first training camp practice due to a hip flexor injury suffered during the team's voluntary workout sessions prior to media day, Randy Wittman said.
Otto Porter had no timetable for return from hip injury. Got hurt slipping on court during a recent pickup game. Only rode bike #wizards— Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) September 28, 2013
Is this not the exact kind of injury that only happens to this franchise? How many other teams had a guy get hurt by slipping on the court during a voluntary workout session?
You'll recall that Porter missed the final three games of Summer League with a hamstring injury. It doesn't appear that this latest ailment is related.
More from Bullets Forever:
- Wizards hire former 76ers GM Tony DiLeo as scout, according to report
- Wizards know Emeka Okafor injury clouds picture entering training camp
- From a Wizards' mouth to the league's ears: Nicknames!
- Wizards Wrap: IT'S MEDIA DAY WWOOOOOO!!
- ESPN Is making a 30 for 30 about Ernie Grunfeld and Bernard King