The Washington Wizards will conclude their 2013 NBA Summer League against the New Orleans Pelicans at 6:30 p.m. EST. Once again, the game will be televised on ESPN3 or the Summer League Live program on NBA.com.
It's not clear whether all the Wizards will actually end up playing. Otto Porter will sit out for the second straight game due to a tight hamstring, as the Wizards see no point in risking further injury. It'll be interesting to see if Chris Singleton and Jan Vesely end up suiting up given the long week.
The Pelicans have a pretty deep roster, led by second-year guards Austin Rivers and Brian Roberts. SB Nation's Paul Flannery caught up with Rivers yesterday.
"I have a chip on my shoulder," Rivers said. "Last year was up and down for me. I didn't have a great year. That was tough. That was the first time in my life that everything wasn't roses and successful. I had to look in the mirror and be like, ‘All right. What am I going to do?'"
I wouldn't be surprised to see both of those players sit, though. The Pelicans have rookies Pierre Jackson and Jeff Withey lounging on their bench, and this is their chance to get them more playing time.
Here's hoping the Wizards end on a good note.
More from Bullets Forever:
- Will the Wizards surpass the Big 3 era in 2013-14?
- Q&A: Nick Nurse discusses Glen Rice Jr's game, demeanor and more
- Randy Wittman dishes on Otto Porter, Jan Vesely, Glen Rice Jr. and more
- NBA Summer League: Otto Porter's struggles are more expected than startling
- Washington Wizards begin talks on John Wall extension, according to report