"We'll see. He's getting in another workout here, we'll see how he feels. It looks like it's going to be a go, so he'll be available tonight," Wittman said when asked about Porter's status during the coach's pregame media scrum.
Wittman said he was excited to finally see the No. 3-overall pick in the 2013 draft take the floor, but warned that Porter will be on some type of minutes limit given that he's yet to play a game this season.
"You're not going to stick him out there [for extended minutes]. He hasn't played a game yet, and he's had three practices. So we've got to be smart, see how he is, how he's moving, how hes playing," Wittman said. "He's going to be winded. I don't care how much conditioning he's done, he's going to be tired, and we've got to be careful with that. That's when situations can arise of hurting yourself."
- Washington Wizards rookie Otto Porter to make his season debut against the Milwaukee Bucks
- Wizards vs. Bucks preview: Will Otto Porter finally debut?
- Wizards Wrap: Falling for Marcin Gortat, Washington's basketball Drago
- Gilbert Arenas praises John Wall and says he's "teamwiz4life" on Instagram
- How will Otto Porter's debut affect the Wizards?