NEW YORK -- It was suggested as a possibility at shootaround, and now, it's a reality. Bradley Beal will return from a nine-game absence due to an injured leg when the Wizards take on the Knicks at Verizon Center, coach Randy Wittman told reporters before the game.
"I think Brad is going to be available for some minutes tonight," Wittman said. "He's warming up and we'll see how much he can play."
When asked what "some minutes" meant, Wittman said "you'll have to look at the stat sheet [after the game]." Wittman also suggested that there will be a minutes limit for a few games as he "gets back in the flow playing games."
Wittman also said that the Wizards hope to get Nene back on the court for Wednesday's game against the Brooklyn Nets. Nene was doing light warmups before the game, along with the other Wizards' bigs that are active.
"I hope so. I think so. I think he's close. Hopefully by Wednesday," Wittman said.
- Wizards vs. Knicks: Washington looks to end 4-game skid
- Wizards vs. Knicks preview: What happens if Washington loses tonight?
- Bradley Beal could return from injured leg vs. Knicks
- Wizards getting new Caps-like practice facility away from the Verizon Center
- Marcin Gortat isn't happy about his role on offense