As if life couldn't get any worse for Randy Wittman, his anger during Friday's postgame press conference after a loss to the 76ers is costing him a whole lot of money. Twenty-thousand dollars for cursing, to be exact, according to the league.
This is the quote that got Wittman in trouble with the league. From Thomas' recap:
"Well, you tell me what you thought the problem was. You watched the game. Commitment to f****** playing defense. It's what it is," he said. It's what it boils down to, all right? It's a thing our guys haven't learned and I've got to figure out a way."
Don't worry. Friend of the site Kevin Broom has taken care of the gallows humor for you:
League office needs to watch #Wizards play before fining Wittman. Coach deserves a prize for swearing only once.— Kevin Broom (@Broom_Kevin) November 4, 2013
(Seriously, $20K for dropping the F bomb? If my office worked like that, I'd be homeless).
More from Bullets Forever:
- Magical Pixels, Wizards vs. Heat: Washington bullied by defending champs
- Wizards vs. Heat final score: No moral victory in listless 103-93 loss to defending champs
- Wizards vs. Heat: Defense struggles again in 103-93 loss
- Wizards vs. Heat preview: Battle of two teams already beaten by the 76ers
- John Wall injury update: Wizards' PG will play vs. Heat