Do we have a problem?
ESPN is dumb links:
- ESPN the Magazine ranks the Wizards' "fan relations" as the worst in pro sports. Not just the NBA, but worst out of 122 professional teams. Yep. They also finished 90th in "Ownership," while the Caps ranked 13th, which is weird since the teams' owners are kind of the same person. Oh, and evidently the Nats (you know, that first-place baseball team with a stadium in Southeast D.C.) aren't part of the D.C. market, but the Ravens and Orioles are. So yea, feel free to completely ignore these rankings. [ESPN the Mag Ultimate Team Standings | D.C. Sports Bog | SB Nation DC]
- Sounds like Andray Blatche has agreed to a one-year contract with the Nets, but depending on who you ask, the Heat might still be in the running for the former Wizard. [Us | SB Nation | Wizards Insider | Nets Daily | New York Post | CSN Washington | ESPN | Yahoo! Sports | CBS Sports]
- Whether it's with the Nets or the Heat, Zach Lowe thinks the signing makes sense. [The Point Forward]
- BF's logo, and that of every SB Nation, will be changing soon as part of a network-wide redesign.
- Yesterday was John Wall's 22nd birthday, so what better time to remember some of his best moments in D.C.? [Wiz of Awes]
- Thomas details how John Wall and the Wizards can improve their pick-and-roll offense this season.
- Jordan has a solution for the Wizards' poor floor spacing: Just have Jan Vesely dunk it every time. But what will the Wiz do now that Roger Mason Jr. is no longer here to set his trademark bone-crushing screens (Note: Loads of e-sarcasm here)?
- ESPN is busy ranking every player the NBA, so TAI decided to rank each of the 56 players who have donned Wizards jerseys in the (nearly) five years the site has existed. [Truth About It]
- Speaking of ESPN's players rankings, Trevor Ariza comes in at 142nd. [ESPN]
- Wall and Nene are the only Wizards players to make CBS Sports' list of the top 100 NBA players, and neither cracks the top 50.
- Meanwhile, Emeka Okafor is among the 19 players to drop off from the 2011 list. [CBS Sports]
- Ben Mehic asked Wizards play-by-play man Dave Johnson for his thoughts on the team's offseason and prospects in 2012-13. [Wiz of Awes]
- Michael Lee remembers Ralph Sampson's forgettable, career-ending 10-game stint with the Bullets back in 1991. Sampson, whose arthritic knees had robbed him of the quickness and grace which helped make him a star at UVA and early on in his NBA career, will be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame today. [Wizards Insider]
- Kyle Weidie caught up with Hamady N'Diaye at the Las Vegas Summer League, where "H" was playing for the Bobcats. [Truth About It]
- Shaq is considering a comeback. In Mexico. [ESPN]