Andrew Weber-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Sports Illustrated suggests the Wizards will not be the worst team in the NBA next year. Progress! That and more links.
Lazy Sunday links:
- SI's NBA writers make their predictions for next season, and the best that can be said for the Wizards is that they don't think D.C.'s team will be basketball's worst.
- For those who actually think that averaging 16 points and eight assists over your first two years in the NBA counts as a disappointment (but somehow 19 and five makes you a future HOF), John Calipari thinks John Wall's perceived struggles have had more to do with the team he was drafted into than his own shortcomings as a player. [Us | ESPN980]
- Speaking of Wall, he will be exercising alongside Simon Elementary School students Thursday morning. [Wizards.com]
- Ted is excited to once again be holding Wizards training camp at George Mason University, but not enough to make him want to say much of substance on media day.
- #Wizards Rank continues over at Truth About It, and Jan Vesely, Darius Songaila, Jordan Crawford and Othyus Jeffers come in at Nos. 18 through 21, respectively. I see Vesely ranking much higher on this list five years from now. Not so sure about Crawford. [Vesely | Songaila | Crawford | Jeffers]
- BNIE thinks the Bucks play a "close second" to the 76ers for which team will be the Wizards' chief rival in the next five years.
- A.J. Price is in town. [Wizards.com]
- If smiles had a Hall of Fame, Antonio Daniels would make it on the first ballot. [Ball Don't Lie]
- What's this, Isiah Thomas doing something awesome? [SB Nation]
- The new iPhone 5 can do a lot, but as Iman Shumpert found out, it's not about to replace the NBA's regulation Spalding anytime soon. [SB Nation]
- Ziller put a lot of thought into this postmodern list of Darko Milicic's talents. [SB Nation]