Have you ever seen a picture that was so JaVale McGee??
Belated hump day links:
- JaVale McGee recently tried to give away 10 free burritos, but only one person met him at Chipotle. So he's heading for Noodles & Company next. [Ball Don't Lie | Mile High Sports]
- The Wizards have reportedly invited free agent center Earl Barron and summer leaguers Shavlik Randolph and Steven Gray to training camp. [Us | Wizards Insider | Wizards Extreme]
- Great piece here from Thomas, who wonders what Jordan Crawford's role would be on a decent team.
- In his ongoing "Path to the Playoffs" series, BNIE doesn't like the Dwight-Howardless Magic's chances of making the postseason in 2013.
- Zach Lowe writes that this is a make-or-break season for John Wall. [The Point Forward]
- Truth About It's #WizardsRank series continues with Nos. 37-41. We're going to be waiting awhile for some decent names to show up. [TAI]
- Emeka Okafor falls just outside of the top 100 in ESPN's #NBArank.
- Glenn Consor joined radio play-by-play man Dave Johnson to chat about the Wizards prospects this season. [Wizards.com]
- There's little doubt that Wes Unseld and Elvin Hayes are the best players in Wizards franchise history (Wall could get there sometime in the distant future), but who of the two was better is a much tougher call for fans. [Wiz of Awes]
- The Wizards have compiled a short video of some of Wall's highlights from last season and invited fans to suggest more by tweeting @WashWizards using the hashtag #WallHighlights.
- In case some of you haven't noticed, @RealDealBeal23's tweets are often perplexing in their simplicity. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- The Cavaliers will be wearing all gold unis when they take the Wiz to kickoff the NBA season. [SB Nation Cleveland]
- So Andray Blatche hasn't officially signed with the Nets yet, but I doubt he'd be taking pictures with his mom in Brooklyn if it wasn't a done deal. [NetsDaily]
- Matt Moore thinks McGee's potential makes his contract "more than worth it" for the Nuggets. [CBS Sports]
- The Wizards' Nov. 17 home game against the Jazz is part of the SLC Dunk's Guess the Game Score contest.
- Jon Schuhmann expects offensive efficiency to rebound this season. [NBA.com]
- Tom Ziller on how the cost of relocation could keep the Kings franchise in Sacramento. [SB Nation]
- Skip Bayless is dumb. Kevin Durant knows this. [SB Nation]