On the road again...
- For the second time in two years, James Singleton wanted more money than the Wizards were willing to offer. It'll be interesting to see if any other teams offer Singleton more than the veteran's minimum. Reports have the Wizards pursuing Anthony Tolliver and Jodie Meeks, so it sounds like the team would rather have another shooter coming off their bench. [Us | Wizards Insider | Washington Examiner | CSN Washington]
- Jordan breaks down one last-second sequence from last season where John Wall flashed his defensive potential.
- Roger Mason Jr. spoke to Carla Peay about why he left D.C. for the Hornets. [Washington Times]
- Emeka Okafor seems like a fun guy. [Wizards.com]
- Former Wizard and current Kentucky assistant coach Rod Strickland has been charged with driving on a DUI suspended license. Sigh. [ESPN]
- Uh, so yeah, Team USA obliterated Nigeria yesterday 156-73, crushing the old Olympic single game scoring mark of 138, set by Brazil in 1988. The Americans shot 29-of-46 (!!!) from three-point range, and 30-of-37 (also !!!) otherwise, and that was with LeBron James and Kobe Bryant sitting the entire second half. Carmelo Anthony set the U.S. single-game scoring record with 37 points...in 14 minutes. Jeezus. [SB Nation | SI | Yahoo! Sports | ESPN]
- So it's safe to say that Anthony was the star of yesterday's men's games. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Again, LeBron and Kobe didn't play in the second half and Melo barely played a full quarter, so no, Team USA wasn't trying to run up the score, and Mike Krzyzewski took offense to post-game suggestions that it had. [SB Nation| Yahoo! Sports]
- Keep up with the men's basketball tournament with SB Nation's dedicated StoryStream.
- Team USA could end up facing Russia in a medal game thanks to this awesome game-winning shot. [Yahoo! Sports]
- If you haven't kept up with the Olympic badminton scandal, you're missing out, but Steve Perrin wonders if the incentives that fueled badminton teams to tank could do the same in the men's basketball tournament. [SB Nation]
- Actually, Zach Lowe asks whether teams should tank in order to avoid running into Team USA? [The Point Forward]
- Upon looking at which players might actually comprise a Team USA Under-23 squad, Andrew Sharp isn't sure it's all that bad of an idea anymore. [SB Nation]
- Poor James Harden. [SB Nation]
- Anthony Davis didn't play in the first half of Team USA's historic rout, but not because he nor Coach K didn't want him to, but because he apparently forgot to bring his jersey along to the bench. Not sure how that is possible. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Oh no he di'int!! Tunisian coach Adel Tlatli went all Bob Knight on one of his players during a huddle in Tuesday's game against Team USA. [Deadspin | Yahoo! Sports]
- John Hollinger picks his winners and losers of the NBA offseason. [ESPN Insider]