So you are going to be playing down the highway or not?
Hump day (late) links:
- Turns out Virginia Beach does have preliminary plans to build an NBA/NHL arena, but those plans don't involve the Kings in any way. [SB Nation | Daily Press | Sacramento Bee]
- In other prospective-NBA-arena news, a Seattle investor has accrued all the land necessary to locate an NBA franchise in Seattle. [SB Nation | Seattle PI]
- We already know Kevin Seraphin loves snakes, but it's getting to be a bit much. [SB Nation | Ball Don't Lie]
- Ex-Wizards Etan Thomas thinks a recent New York fundraiser for President Obama, which was attended by several NBA and WNBA players, including John Wall, indicates the current generation of black athletes won't be as apolitical as those before it. [Washington Post]
- Wall recently returned to his hometown to shoot hoops with some elementary school students. [Charlotte Observer]
- Just in case you hadn't noticed, we're taking a look back at Michael Jordan's tenure in D.C. this week. If you haven't already, check it out. [Intro | Jordan a top 20 Bullet/Wizard? | Best moments | Stats]
- Ben Standig ranks the Southeast Division's small and power forwards.
- How do the Wizards' uniforms stack up against D.C.'s other pro sports franchises? [CSN Washington | Washington Business Journal]
- Lots of great Wizards and NBA nuggets here. [Truth About It]
- Mike Andrews isn't too excited about the signing of Martell Webster. [Wizards Extreme]
- Tomas Satoransky led all scorers with 16 points, six rebounds and five assists as the Czechs defeated the Turks, 82-64, in a EuroBasket 2013 qualifying matchup that featured Emir Preldzic, another Wizards Euro-stash who played for Turkey. Plus, a transcription of a Czech publication's long interview with Satoransky. [Truth About It]
- Tom Ziller continues his countdown of the top 50 NBA free agents in the 2013 class with a look at Nos. 21-30, which includes a Wizard who just arrived via trade. [SB Nation]
- The Lakers have added some big names this offseason, both to the roster and their coaching staff. How does Kobe Bryant fit in with what's going on in L.A.? [The Point Forward]