Feb. 28, 2012; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Minnesota Timberwolves small forward Martell Webster (5) defends against Los Angeles Clippers point guard Mo Williams (25) in the second half of the game at the Staples Center. Timberwolves won 109-97. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-US PRESSWIRE
- As noted earlier, the Washington Wizards worked out former Minnesota Timberwolves forward Martell Webster earlier this week. The Wizards have 13 roster spots, so they can sign up to two more players. [Us via ESPN's Marc Stein]
- Here's a scouting report on Webster from jkhan15. [Us]
- Webster isn't the only guy the Wizards are considering. They've also checked out Michael Redd, Shawne Williams and Terrence Williams. [Wizards Insider]
- Several other teams are interested in Redd as well. [Sam Amico]
- Gilbert Arenas is back on Twitter, according to John Wall. This should be interesting. [@BulletsForever]
- And Arenas wants to return to the Wizards. [@_agentzeroshow]
- UPDATE: Apparently it's a fake.
- A reminder that Bradley Beal is not the savior. Not sure why a reminder was needed, but OK. [Truth About It]
- A long interview with Beal at the rookie photoshoot, where he discussed what he does to get ready for games and much more. [Dime]
- Why Anthony Davis is not a shoo-in for Rookie of the Year. [SB Nation]
- The Southeast Division, much like the rest of the NBA, does not have many good true centers. [CSN Washington]
- Congratulations to SB Nation's own Scott Schroeder, who has been named the director of basketball operations for the Sioux Falls SkyForce of the NBA Developmental League.