I. Get. Buckets.
- Nene came off the bench and scored eight points while chipping in seven rebounds and two blocks in 21 minutes to help Brazil take down Australia, 75-71. Team USA is playing Kevin Seraphin and France now, but the Wizards big man hasn't done much to distinguish himself thus far, recording two points, one rebound, one block and two fouls in limited action as Team USA is up big, 67-50, late in the third quarter.
- Mike gave his thoughts on what to expect from both Nene and Seraphin in their respective matchups.
- Awesome stuff here on Seraphin and his Olympic preparations. [Truth About It]
- Frank Hanrahan recaps the Celtics' busy offseason. [CSN Washington]
- Tom Ziller offers his Olympic-sized predictions for the men's basketball tourney. [SB Nation]
- Ian Thomsen predicted France would be a tough opening matchup for Team USA, but it doesn't look that way at halftime. [SI]
- Nice column here by Mike Wise on Kobe Bryant, who's looking to experience as much of his last Olympics as possible. [Washington Post]
- The Magic have finally hired a head coach in Spurs assistant Jacque Vaughn. At 37, Vaughn is an sober, understated hire and comes from an exemplary program led by Gregg Popovich. So chances are the Magic got this one right. [AP | CSN Washington]
- There's still plenty of big names out on the free agent market. [CBS Sports]
- Deron Williams and Russell Westbrook got Kevin Love back for snapping the glorious, now-viral photo of Team USA napping on its flight over to London. [Yahoo! Sports]