Ya'll ready for this?
- NBA schedules were released last night, and the Wizards and Cavaliers will kick-off the 2012-2013 season Oct. 30 at 7 p.m. The Wiz will also begin with seven out of 10 games against playoff teams from last season. [Us | Wizards Insider | Washington Times | CSN Washington | Wiz of Awes | Wizards.com (schedule, notes, press release)]
- Eric Freeman has two Wizards contests on his "Ten noteworthy, not-so-obvious games to watch" list for next season, including the opener against Cleveland. [Ball Don't Lie]
- The defensive potential of the Wizards roster has BNIE more excited about the team now than back when Gilbert Arenas lorded within Verizon Center.
- Since the trade with the Hornets, some reports have had Emeka Okafor playing center alongside Nene at power forward while other have said Okafor would play the 4 with Nene at the 5. While I would argue their respective shot charts make a pretty clear argument for who should play which post position, Okafor doesn't see a big difference between playing power forward and center in the NBA. Still, how to best rotate Okafor, Nene and Kevin Seraphin will be among Randy Wittman's more challenging and critical tasks next seasons. [Truth About It]
- Chris Miller plays '10 Questions' with Bradley Beal, who's pretty boring until HE SAYS HE COULD BEAT MICHAEL JORDAN STOP THE PRESSES RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!! [CSN Washington]
- Antawn Jamison is excited to join the Lakers. [ESPN Los Angeles]
- Is Kevin Durant making Anthony Davis wear this hat, or is he really a Redskins fan? I suspect Davis will get asked about this either Dec. 11, when the Wizards visit New Orleans, or March 15, when the Hornets come to Verizon. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Did Ronny Turiaf even finish his cup of coffee with the Wizards last season before he landed in Miami and won (well, got) a championship ring? Either way, looks like the Clippers have signed Turiaf to a one-year deal. [ESPN Los Angeles]
- You've undoubtedly already seen this (how could you not have) but here is Magic Johnson on a big boat with Redskins owner Dan Snyder and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. I won't blame you if you don't click on the link; it's every bit as creepy as it sounds. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- A game at legendary Rucker Park in NYC turned violent Wednesday night after an argument over a call prompted someone to whip out a gun and start firing away, resulting in five people being shot and Nate Robinson running for cover. SMH. [SLAM | Ball Don't Lie]
- The opening ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Olympics are today, and Team USA's outfits are...uh, snazzy? [SB Nation]
- Andrew Sharp gets like, all deep and stuff in his review of "Dream Team" by Jack McCallum. [SB Nation]
- Hey look, Mike Wilbon has opinions about the Dream Team!! [ESPN]
- For the masochistic among you, Dwight Howard still exists. [The Point Forward]
- Kelly Dwyer on the Timberwolves' peculiar offseason. [Ball Don't Lie]