Is there any possible way we could be teammates??
Okay, so this going to be a short one today. Couldn't find much in the way of new Wizards or NBA-related material. Slow Sunday links:
- This seems to be pure speculation on the part of the writer, but could Andray Blatche be an option for the Heat as a veteran big man off the bench? Something tells me Pat Riley probably hasn't been a big fan of Seven Day Dray over the years. [Miami Herald]
- We got a good look at Josh Shelby when the Grizzlies faced off against Wizards in summer league, which the Baltimore native has turned into his personal showcase, shooting 19-of-26 from three-point range in his squad's first three games. But his attitude, which has been a problem in the past, is another reason Selby could find himself playing more meaningful minutes for the Grizz next season. [SB Nation | Daily Dime]
- A few days old, but here's some neat insight from ESPN analyst David Thorpe on the purpose of the NBA Summer League. [ESPN]
- Sounds like NBA GMs are finally catching up with fans and getting tired of these Dwight Howard shenanigans. [Fox Sports Ohio]
- With Team USA in Barcelona, where the Dream Team sparked a new era in international basketball competition at the 1992 Summer Olympics, well, you know Kobe Bryant was going to be asked to compare the two teams again. [ESPN]
- Hey look, NBA refs are fanboys, too!! [SB Nation]