WASHINGTON - APRIL 28: Ted Leonsis, the owner of the Washington Capitals, watches his team's 2-1 loss to the Montreal Canadiens in Game Seven of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Verizon Center on April 28, 2010 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
- Ted Leonsis announces that he's shutting down his Wizards and Capitals e-mail addresses on August 1 because he's receiving too many useless responses that take him too long to read. Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't do this sooner. It has to be exhausting to respond to every single one, especially when so many don't offer much of anything. Leonsis insists he will still be transparent in other forums such as face-to-face communication, and I believe him on this front. [Ted's Take]
- Leonsis talks more about his decision to Dan Steinberg. [DC Sports Bog]
- One thing I know another team does is that they have an ideas e-mail that several people check, but they don't necessarily respond to every suggestion they get. It's like a drop box of sorts. That might be a good alternative for Leonsis to consider.
- As noted yesterday, the Wizards are likely to amnesty Andray Blatche. The deadline is 5 p.m. today. [Washington Post | NBA.com]
- Team USA slipped by Brazil in an exhibition. Here are a bunch of recaps. I saw from the second quarter on -- for people who saw more, how did Nene look? [Andrew Sharp | Washington Times | Washington Post | Washington Examiner | NBC Washington | CSN Washington]
- Michelle snubs Barack on the kiss cam. [SB Nation]
- Emeka Okafor talks about his injury recovery. [Wizards Insider]
- How Bradley Beal could change John Wall's tendencies on the pick and roll. [Truth About It]
- It looks like Antawn Jamison will eventually be heading to the Lakers. [Charlotte Observer]
- Folks concerned about the lack of depth on the Wizards' Summer League roster should read the scout that Scott Schroeder quotes here. [SB Nation]
- Also from Schroeder: the top unsigned free agents in Summer League. [SB Nation]
- Rob Mahoney's notes on Jae Crowder should frustrate people who really wanted him in D.C. [Two Man Game]
- Interesting insight on Bradley Beal in this brief blog post. [GatorSports.com]
- Another piece on Beal from the Las Vegas Review Journal.
- As a reminder: the Wizards play the Grizzlies today at 6 p.m. in Summer League. The game will be on CSN.