MIAMI, FL - JUNE 09: Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers speaks with the media after losing to the Miami Heat in Game Seven of the Eastern Conference Finals in the 2012 NBA Playoffs at American Airlines Arena on June 9, 2012 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
- Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers is profiled by the great Jackie MacMullen, and in the middle of the piece, he is asked about why he brought Avery Bradley along slowly. Rivers responded by taking a shot at the Wizards' strategy of just handing their young players PT. "You can't hand it to them," Rivers said. "I look at the Washington [Wizards] model, where they played Andray Blatche and those guys, and what did it teach them? That they're going to play them anyway?" [ESPN Boston, SB Nation]
- One thing to remember with this quote: Flip Saunders spent the playoffs working as a consultant for Rivers' Celtics. I'm sure there was some venting done by Saunders on how the Wizards wouldn't let him treat Blatche the way Rivers treated Bradley.
- Harrison Barnes knocked it out of the park with the athletic testing at the NBA combine. [Draft Express]
- The Wizards haven't scheduled a workout with Barnes, but he thinks they will soon. [Wizards Insider]
- Bradley Beal, who is coming to D.C. on Thursday, is only working out for the top four teams in the draft. [PBT]
- Sports Illustrated's Sam Amick thinks the Wizards should draft Thomas Robinson. [106.7 The Fan]
- Profiling Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. [CSN Washington]
- Both CBS Sports and Draft Express have the Wizards taking MKG in their latest mock drafts.
- I enjoyed these visuals comparing draft prospects. [Hardwood Paroxysm]
- The player evaluations continue to trickle in. Truth About It looks at Mo Evans' season, while Wiz of Awes writes about James Singleton.
- The Cavaliers offered their entire draft to the Hornets Anthony Davis. Nice try, you guys. [SB Nation Cleveland]
- Tom Ziller on Russell Westbrook. [SB Nation]
- Mike Wise wonders how LeBron James became a villain. For many, it's hard to forgive the summer of 2010. [Washington Post]
- Andrew Sharp on the Kevin Durant/LeBron James matchup. [SB Nation]
- Zach Lowe talks to Memphis' Tony Allen about how to defend the Thunder's pet play late in games. Great, great insight. [Point Forward]
- Steve Perrin on the Thunder's money issues going forward, which have been discussed a lot on this site. [SB Nation]
- My Finals preview is going up soon. For now, my prediction is Heat in 6.