Big day today!— Zachary Leonsis (@ZacharyLeonsis) May 30, 2012
Today's links, jam-packed with NBA Draft Lottery stuff.
- Here's everything you need to know about how tonight is going to work.
- And here's a brief reminder about the Wizards' lottery futility over the years. [DC Sports Bog]
- According to Michael Lee's sources, the Wizards are going to attempt to trade Rashard Lewis and Andray Blatche before having to decide whether to release or Amnesty them. To me, this just feels like exploring all options before making an inevitable decision, so I wouldn't freak out. [Washington Post]
- There were reports that Randy Wittman's return as the Wizards' head coach was a done deal. Here's the latest information I was able to gather about the situation, from last night.
- Each of SB Nation's bloggers make the case for why their team deserves to win the lottery. Jeff Clark of Celtics Blog and SBNation.com's Andrew Sharp made the case for the Wizards. As well as they did, it's hard to argue with the Bobcats blurb. [SB Nation]
- You ready for this, Zach Leonsis? [Washington Times | Washington Examiner]
- Ted Leonsis gives what reads like a "State Of The Wizards" address. It's written in typical Leonsis prose. [Ted's Take]
- Draft Express' first NBA Mock Draft with team needs taken into account is out. Jonathan Givony has the Wizards taking Michael Kidd-Gilchrist at No. 2 and Festus Ezeli with their high second-round pick. [Draft Express]
- Givony also reports that he's "hearing" the Wizards are considering trading their pick if it's not No. 1. Again, this feels like it should be filed in the "exploring all options" folder. [Twitter]
- Kevin Seraphin apparently follows Nene like a little brother, down to how he conducts himself for press conferences. [Wizards Insider]
- Important offseason dates to keep in mind. [CSN Washington]
- Speaking of Nene, here's a bunch of smart people discussing his impact with the Wizards. [Wiz of Awes]
- Two really good Draft Express video scouting reports of Perry Jones III and Thomas Robinson.
- The Wizards seem to want Roger Mason back next year, but it depends on the draft. I wouldn't be opposed to his return so long as we're talking the veteran's minimum again. He outplayed that contract last year. [Wizards Insider]
- Czech National Team general manager George Zidek was quoted as saying that "everything depends on the Wizards' opinion" when it comes to Jan Vesely playing for the national team this summer. [Truth About It]
- DeShawn Stevenson has an ATM in his kitchen. I repeat: DeShawn Stevenson has an ATM in his kitchen. [BDL]
- Steve Perrin on the Spurs' dominance and the annoying "Hack-A-Whoever" strategy the Thunder employed. [SB Nation]
- I have no words for this Metta World Peace video. [SB Nation]