May 12, 2012; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum (17) and Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee (34) go for a rebound in the second half of game seven of the Western Conference quarterfinals of the 2012 NBA Playoffs at the Staples Center. Lakers won 96-87. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-US PRESSWIRE
Today's late, abbreviated links.
now has two unique new pets. I think I'm enjoying McGee much more now that he's on another team. [WUSA9, via JaVale's Twitter account]
- (For the record: I looked up the plural form of platypus and found you can do "platypuses," "platypus" and "platypi." Which would you all prefer?).
- UPDATE: McGee now says he was screwing with people and didn't actually get any pet platypuses.
- McGee is also well on his way to becoming a Fillipino. [SB Nation]
- As noted yesterday, the Wizards may look to trade Rashard Lewis before the deadline to buy him out. [Washington Post]
- Evaluating Jordan Crawford's season. [Wiz of Awes]
- Evaluating Nick Young's half-season with the Wizards. [Truth About It]
- Tom Ziller's latest mock draft is entertaining, though not good for the Wizards. [SB Nation]
- Kyrie Irving won Rookie of the Year easily, but voters gave Iman Shumpert, Kenneth Faried and Kawhi Leonard first-place votes. Also, they gave Josh Selby a third-place vote and no Wizards rookies anything. Shenanigans. [Press release]
- O.J. Mayo is reportedly looking for a deal that'll pay him more than the mid-level exception. I think the Wizards should pass then. [Memphis Commercial-Appeal]
- In case you missed it yesterday, here's the Team USA Select Roster, featuring John Wall. They'll scrimmage against the real team. [CSN Bay Area]
- The Thunder destroyed the Lakers last night and are now all grown up. [Andrew Sharp]
- About time Kevin Garnett got called for an illegal screen.
- Dear Wizards players: please don't ever wear what Russell Westbrook wore for the post-game press conference last night. [Me on SBNation.com]