Apr 25, 2012; Cleveland, OH, USA; Washington Wizards point guard John Wall (left) puts up a shot as Cleveland Cavaliers forward Luke Harangody (44) defends in the fourth quarter at Quicken Loans Arena. Mandatory Credit: David Richard-US PRESSWIRE
Boy, these late-season wins sure feel better once you know the Wizards are in no danger of losing any lottery ping-pong balls, eh? First five-game winning streak since 2007? Nice, and sad. Links:
- Recaps from yesterday's win over the Cavs: [Us | SB Nation D.C. | Washington Post | CSN Washington highlights | Truth About It | Wiz of Awes | Plain Dealer |SB Nation Cleveland | Fear The Sword | Popcorn Machine | HoopData box score]
- Earlier this week averagebro asked how this season's strong finish was any different than those of year's past. Here Rook6980 explains why an improved defense is the separating factor.
- And just as the Wiz have started playing watchable basketball, fans won't be able to watch them again for awhile. [Washington Times]
- LeBron James is among the NBA superstars that have counseled John Wall during his first two seasons in the league. [Washington Post]
- Kevin Durant is another who has offered Wall advice, as detailed in this nice piece on Wall's sophomore struggles and improvements. [FOX Sports Florida]
- Speaking of Wall, he has really picked up his game as of late. [CSN Washington]
- Like most losing teams, the Wizards are hoping their late-season success will carry over. [CSN Washington]
- BNIE has a measured response to Ernie Grunfeld's contract extension.
- Thom Loverro also weighed in on Grunfeld's return. [Washington Examiner]
- Tracee Hamilton explains why, after a late-season surge by the Wiz and first-round playoff series victory by the Capitals, Ted Leonsis's summer just got a whole lot easier. [Washington Post]
- The NBPA intrigue continues. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Carla Peay recapped the latest edition of "Kenny, Charles and Shaq good on the Wiz." [Washington Times]
- We're in the middle of a pretty good 24-hours for D.C. sports fans. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Kyle Weidie caught up with Kemba Walker to chat about John Wall, Michael Jordan, etc. [Truth About It]
- Craig Stouffer has a few draft prospects he thinks the Wizards should avoid. [Washington Examiner]
- New Redskins savior Robert Griffin III shared these thoughts about joining Wall and Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg in D.C.
- Oh Andray, do you not understand how you're perceived by the D.C. fanbase? [D.C. Sports Bog]
- For all you fellow Maryland grads out there, this is both the most amazing and depressing think you will watch all day. [Ball Don't Lie]