|2011/12 NBA Regular Season|
|February 10, 2012
|LeBron James||SF||Chris Singleton|
Pregame notes (refreshing):
- Rashard Lewis is not playing again tonight, but Randy Wittman said he's on the way to recovery. "It's getting better," Wittman said. "Hopefully tomorrow, he'll come back in here feeling better. He's close to being able to play.
- The visiting announcers understandably were looking for some John Wall information and asked Wittman about his progression this year. Wittman talked a lot about the coaching change and how Wall has been better recently. Here's the money quote: "It's been a struggle, but as of late, he's played with enthusiasm and great energy that he didn't have all the time. I think he understands that he's got to come out and be energized defensively and able to pick it up."
- They also asked him about Chris Singleton, and Wittman said that he's played well, but he wants Singleton to be more of a slasher going to the basket.
- I asked Wittman about Wall's jump shot, since according to HoopData, Wall has hit 10 of his last 16 shots from 16-23 feet. "He's got to improve on it and he is," he said. "But I think you're starting to see a little bit of that. Now, it's got to be the same thing over and over with him."
- Lots of boos for the Heat as they entered the arena. For what it's worth.