USA TODAY Sports
Anyway we can borrow him Monday-Saturday?
I totally saw this coming links:
- So yeah, the Wizards entered last night's game against the defending-champion Heat at 1-13 and unquestionably the NBA's worst team, and yet somehow they ended the game at 2-13 following a 105-101 win. Don't worry, no one else understood it, either. Lots of puzzled recaps: [Us | SB Nation DC | SB Nation | AP | Washington Post (gamer, blog) | Washington Times | Washington Examiner (recap, sidebar) | CSN Washington | Truth About It | Wiz of Awes| Wizards Extreme | SportsTalk Live | WashingtonWizards.com | Wizards Blog | @35_Fitz | SB Nation Tampa Bay | Hot Hot Hoops (instant reaction, recap) | Miami Herald | South Florida Sun-Sentinel (gamer, blog) | Daily Dime | CBS Sports | ESPN box score | Popcorn Machine]
- No one noticed that Robert Griffin III was at the game. Also, no one insisted that he was the reason the Wizards won, which is unfortunate, because he totally was. [DC Sports Bog | CSN Washington | Truth About It | WashingtonWizards.com]
- Speaking of Griffin, he's working on converting LeBron James, a noted Cowboys fan, into a decent human being. [DC Sports Bog | CSN Washington | Truth About It]
- They also hugged after the game in a meeting of good and evil. [DC Sports Bog]
- Game highlights.
- Postgame interviews [Wittman | Crawford | Seraphin | Beal | Webster | Livingston | LeBron | D-Wade]
- Ted's reaction following the win was rather muted. Alright Leonsis, you win this round of pixels... [Ted's Take]
- Michael Jenkins is amazing. [SB Nation]
- Dave Johnson deserved to get excited last night. [Radio call]
- Monday night, it's the defending NFL champion Giants. Tuesday, it's the defending NBA champion Heat. Mike Wise on Washington, D.C., the city where champs go to lose. [Washington Post | Ted's Take]
- Leave it to the Wizards to immediately forget who they beat. [Media Daily LA]
- This is what victory looks like.
- Is it possible for a 1-13 team to have a "statement" victory? [CSN Washington]
- Martell Webster couldn't help but observe that the home crowd seemed to be pulling more for the Heat in the early going. Such is the fate of losing teams in a transient town like D.C. [Us]
- Trevor Ariza strained his calf after stealing the ball early in the third quarter. He's listed as day-to-day. [Us | SB Nation DC | CSN Washington]
- Carla Peay sums up the Wizards' season in this all-encompassing story covering the injuries to John Wall and Nene, bad draft picks and a roster loaded with decent backups. [Washington Times]
- Wall, by the way, still has no return date in sight. [AP]
- Mike likes this new strategy of pushing the ball on offense. Could be groundbreaking.
- The beginning of Bradley Beal's NBA career has gone a lot like Dwyane Wade's went. [Wizards Insider | CSN Washington]
- Besides RGIII, there were quite a lot of football players at the game last night. [DC Sports Bog]
- BNIE had a thing or two to say in response to Ted's public declaration of support for the Wizards' young players. [Us]
- Mike has your roundup of Tuesday's NBA action. [SB Nation]
- The Hornets reportedly want to change their name. To the Pelicans. Really? I'd deny it, too. [SB Nation | Yahoo! Sports | Times-Pacayune | The Point Forward | ESPN]
- Good god, this Virginia Beach thing is really gonna happen, isn't it? [SB Nation | Virginian-Pilot]