USA TODAY Sports
The Wizards struggle scoring. Jordan Crawford is their leading scorer. He missed Saturday's game against the Bulls. Outcome? Predictable.
Ending the year on a Steez note links:
- With its leading scorer sidelined with a sore ankle, the Wizards and their NBA-worst offense had an even tougher time scoring the basketball in their final game of 2012, an 87-77 loss to the Bulls. Recaps: [Us | SB Nation DC | AP | Washington Post | Washington Times | CSN Washington | Wiz of Awes | SB Nation Chicago | Chicago Tribune (gamer, sidebar) | Chicago Sun-Times | ESPN Chicago | ESPN box score | Popcorn Machine]
- Trevor Ariza could return to practice as soon as Monday. [Wizards Insider]
- Introducing Garrett Temple, your newest cult hero, who keyed the Friday's win over the Magic. [Wizards Insider | CSN Washington]
- The Wizards' bigs stepped up...big in the win over the Magic. [Us]
- Not even halfway into his second season, is Jan Vesely already a lost cause? [Wiz of Awes]
- Wizards fans come in at No. 8 on SB Nation's list of the most tortured fanbases in all of sport.
- This will excite proponents of the Wizards trading for DeMarcus "What I Learned" Cousins. [Truth About It | USA Today]
- But the Kings' ownership isn't exactly keen on shipping Cousins away. [Sactown Royalty]
- Roundup of Saturday's NBA games. [SB Nation]
- The Nets really want Phil Jackson. [NetsDaily]