Brad Mills-USA TODAY Sports
Project #RampingItUp continued Thursday as John Wall took part in no-contact practice drills for the first time this season.
- John Wall has begun practicing in five-on-none "dummy" drills, but has yet to be cleared for contact. [SB Nation DC | Wizards Insider | CSN Washington | Wittman interview | @WashWizards]
- Until Wall returns, get used to seeing a lot of Shelvin Mack and Garrett Temple at point guard. [CSN Washington]
- The Wizards seem to have another batch of young players who are regressing rather than developing. [Us | Truth About It]
- Considering how well he started the season, no one has regressed more than Kevin Seraphin. Hopefully his latest pep talk with mentor Nene will help. [Washington Post | Washington Times | CSN Washington | Seraphin interview | Wittman interview]
- Count Bradley Beal among the regressin' young'ins, as well. [Washington Examiner]
- The Wiz host the Magic tonight. [WashingtonWizards.com | AP | Orlando Sentinel]
- The Magic figure to still be without Hedo Turkoglu tonight. [Orlando Pinstriped Post]
- More on Wednesday's loss to the Cavaliers. [Truth About It]
- Ted (once again) on his team's inability to win a winnable game. [Ted's Take]
- Jordan Crawford ain't sweatin' his role on the Wizards. Steez be steezin'. [Wizards Insider | CSN Washington]
- The Wizards haven't gotten much production from their forwards. [CSN Washington]
- Two former Wizards (you know who) were among the NBA's most outrageous characters in 2012. [SB Nation]
- Soon BF and other SB Nation home pages will have a new layout. Read about it here.
- In a move that surprised everyone not named Mikhail Prokhorov, the Nets fired Avery Johnson yesterday. View the entire Storystream here.
- Would Phil Jackson really come out of retirement to coach the Nets? [Nets Daily | ESPN New York]
- Dwyane Wade has been suspended one game for his crotch shot on Ramon Sessions. [SB Nation | ESPN | The Point Forward]
- In related news, Dwight Howard has been fined $35K for his stiff-arming Kenneth Faried. Care to wager the next NBA superstar to commit a ridiculously-uncalled-for foul against a lesser player? I'll go with Kevin Garnett against Andray Blatche, with a wrench in the observatory. [SB Nation | AP | The Point Forward]
- Darren Collison did what?? [SB Nation | Ball Don't Lie]