USA TODAY Sports
Papa ain't happy with the youngins.
Happy hangover links:
- David Aldridge wrote about the Wizards' latest lost season, and tucked away inside are some comments from Nene that "people have no respect for the game" within the organization. Nice. [Us | NBA.com]
- Aldridge wasn't the only reporter to get some straight-talk out of Nene. [Washington Times | Truth About It]
- Derek thinks Nene's comments should be the final nail in Ernie Grunfeld's coffin.
- We here at BF hope you all have had a happy holiday season, even if the Wizards haven't. [Washington Post]
- "Wizards fans" and "grateful" rarely appear together, but the guys over at Wiz of Awes were able to find some things their are thankful for this holiday season.
- John Wall spent part of his holidays playing Secret Santa to a local needy family. [WashingtonWizards.com]
- In addition to Shelvin Mack, the Wizards have signed Garrett Temple from the D-League to fill the roster spots left open by the release of Shaun Livingston and Earl Barron. [Us | Ridiculous Upside | Wizards Insider | Washington Times | Washington Examiner | CSN Washington | Wiz of Awes | Interviews (Mack, Temple, Wittman) | Press release]
- Naturally, both Mack and Temple are hoping they do enough to make it stick this time in the NBA. [CSN Washington]
- The Wizards get back to work tonight at the Phone Booth against the Cavaliers. [WashingtonWizards.com]
- At least Wiz won't have to worry about Anderson Varejao, whom some of you might remember murdering them on the boards in the season opener and will his fourth-straight game with a bruised knee. [Fear The Sword | SB Nation Cleveland | AP]
- Livingston won't have to wait long to make his return to the NBA or Verizon Center. [Fear The Sword | AP]
- If there's anything that will make a Wizards fan smile at Christmas, it's reading about how some other team's No. 1-overall pick point guard is "NEXT" while John Wall sits out with a could-be-chronic knee injury. [ESPN The Magazine]
- Ted expects better from his team beginning with tonight's game against the Cavs. [Ted's Take]
- Assorted Wizards nuggets, including (sort of) injury updates on Wall and the Two Trevors. [CSN Washington]
- Jordan breaks down the three-quarter court press utilized by Randy Wittman against the Pistons.
- More on the Wizards' last loss to the Pistons. [Truth About It]
- Ben Mehic ponders what it would take to bring DeMarcus Cousins to D.C. [Wiz of Awes]
- Mike recaps the NBA's Christmas Day action. [SB Nation]
- There were some colorful sneakers being worn on Christmas. [SB Nation]
- Cool story from Michael Lee about the increasing prevalence of old geezers in the NBA. [Washington Post]
- Tom Ziller looks back on the Year of LeBron. [SB Nation]