Take a deep breath links:
- The Wizards notched their first road win of the season yesterday by virtue of being the second-worst team on the court, defeating the
HornetsPelicans 77-70. The Wiz scored only 11 points (!!!) in the first quarter, but flipped the script in the fourth, outscoring the Pelicans 21-10. Jordan Crawford led the team with 26 points, but needed 24 shots to get them. Bradley Beal had another solid game with 15/7/4, and Nene had a double-double. The rest of the team shot 9-38. Both teams shot less than 33 percent from the floor. Oof. Recaps: [Us | SB Nation DC | AP | WashingtonWizards.com | Washington Post | Washington Times | Washington Examiner | CSN Washington | Wizards Extreme | At The Hive | Times-Picayune (gamer, sidebar) | Swarm & Sting | Hoopdata box score | Popcorn Machine]
- But yea, no one cares about the win because...
- of a report from the WaPo's Michael Lee stating that the Wizards rejected an offseason trade for James Harden due to financial concerns. Wizards Nation subsequently exploded. There's an obvious way to look at this (HOW COULD THEY AARRGGHHH!!!), but perhaps another is that, if you believe Lee's report, it means Sam 'Can Do No Wrong' Presti was willing to trade Harden for Beal and Chris Singleton, which should make us feel better about those two, right? Right?? Fine, I tried. [Us | Washington Post | CBS Sports | Thunderous Intentions | Blog So Hard Sports]
- Nene is still working his way back from a nagging foot injury, but 10-and-10 in 20 minutes is pretty good. [Wizards Insider | CSN Washington]
- Wiz-Pelicans highlights.
- Postgame interviews. [Wittman | Crawford | Nene | Beal | Okafor]
- Roger Mason Jr. is fitting in well as the Pelicans' veteran leader. [Washington Times]
- Emeka Okafor stopped by his old charity in New Orleans. Cool stuff. [WashingtonWizards.com]
- Don't worry, you're not the only one that thinks 'Pelicans' is an awful name for a basketball team. [CSN Washington]
- Can you guess who's a leading candidate for Most Improved Player thus far? [The Point Forward]
- Are the Wiz beginning to earn a little (emphasis on 'little') cred in the power rankings? [SB Nation DC]
- Noted Wizards-hater John Hollinger has the Wizards as only the East's third-worst team in his own playoff odds. [ESPN]
- Somehow Craig Stouffer found five NBA teams in worse shape than the Wizards. Can't say I agree with them all, though. [Washington Examiner]
- Someone tell Kevin Seraphin that he needs to leave the barbershop the moment his hair looks like this.
- Of course the first flop to warrant a warning from the league came against the Wizards. [Peachtree Hoops | The Point Forward]
- Your roundup of Tuesday's NBA scores. [SB Nation]
- Kevin Love still hates the team he plays for. [SB Nation | Yahoo! Sports]
- Did Clyde Frazier wear a velvet alligator to Knicks-Nets? [SB Nation]