Mark J. Rebilas-US PRESSWIRE
In today's Washington Wizards links, the two Kevins are looking forward to seeing each other again for the second time in five days, and this time, they both know what to expect from the other.
Running on empty links:
- After scoring 19 points on 8-of-9 shooting against the Celtics on Saturday, Kevin Seraphin fully expects Kevin Garnett to key on him in their rematch tonight. [Wizards Insider | Washington Times | Washington Examiner | CSN Washington]
- Bradley Beal doesn't want to hear about how he's one of the youngest players to ever start in the NBA. In his eyes, there's no excuse for two lackluster performances to begin his pro career, and he's looking to eliminate distractions by trimming his inner circle. When's the last time you heard a 19-year-old say that?. [Washington Post | Washington Examiner | CSN Washington (blog, video)]
- Sounds like Jordan Crawford will be a game-time decision tonight, so the Wizards may have to look elsewhere for offense in their rematch with the Celtics. [Washington Examiner | CSN Washington]
- Jake explains just what a 'Kevin Seraphin' is to Celtics fans, and why he thinks John Wall would do well to model his game after Rajon Rondo. [CelticsBlog]
- Kevin Garnett thinks the Celtics are a 'work in progress.' So what's that make the Wizards? [Boston Globe]
- Some Wizards were among the D.C. athletes tweeting about last night's election results. [DC Sports Bog]
- Speaking of which, apparently there was some election yesterday where some guy won another four years in the White House. Someone should have told him what was up, because he spent the whole day playing pickup ball with a bunch of scrubs. And Scottie Pippen. [Ball Don't Lie]
- Hands off my donuts Lester! G-WIZ
- Already feeling a bit down on the Wiz? Don't worry, let BNIE cheer you right back up.
- Fun fact: the Wizards are now one of two remaining winless teams in the NBA. OK, sad fact.
- They didn't have very far to fall, but the Wizards have somehow already dipped in the power rankings. [SB Nation DC]
- Pumped up during the preseason, the Wizards' defense has lived up to expectations thus far. [CSN Washington]
- Jordan breaks down the Wizards' defensive rotations against the Celtics, particularly the job done by Jan Vesely.
- Vesely has played well early on as a glue guy, and Randy Wittman is looking for that effort to remain consistent. [CSN Washington]
- Post-practice interviews. [Seraphin | Beal | Trevor Booker | WIttman]
- Ted Leonsis has taken to comparing the Wizards and the Nationals lately. Pretty sure that's because they both count Wolf Blitzer among their most passionate fans. [DC Sports Bog | NBA.com]
- Cartier Martin finally got some burn Saturday, and gave the team a spark in his short time on the court. [CSN Washington]
- Good news: Crawford is not into Justin Bieber. Nor his young fans. [DC Sports Bog]
- Looking to exchange Wiz tickets? Do it here.
- How's the rest of the Southeast faring this early in the season? [CSN Washington]
- President Okafor? Not nearly as much fun as Sheed 2016.
- Tom Ziller on how the polls (and ball) don't lie. [SB Nation]
- Monty Williams mocked the NBA's concussion policy of, you know, taking concussions seriously, and now he's gonna pay for it. [SB Nation]
- Someone should tell Kevin Durant that it isn't nice to pick on kids. [Ball Don't Lie]
- James Harden says the Thunder hurt his feelings by giving him an hour to accept their final contract offer. [SB Nation | Yahoo! Sports]
- The Lakers look pretty confused trying to run the Princeton offense. [SI]
- Danny Granger could be out another three months with an injured knee. [SB Nation | ESPN]