The Wizards got their first win! There was much rejoicing in Wizardland!
One and Twelve! One and Twelve! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The Wizards did it, you guys. They won their first game! They only had the worst start in franchise history and fell well short of the worst start in NBA history (thanks for setting the bar so high, 2008-2009 Nets!). Oh, and they managed to not go winless in November, so that's something, right?
If you watched the game last night against the Blazers, then you know it wasn't pretty, but hey: a win's a win. And now that this one's in the books, they can focus on trying to beat teams instead of beating demons.
Let us revel in the happiness of the first win of the year:
- The Twitter Reaction [The Mothership | The Friendly Troll | The Other Friendly Troll | Singleton | Vesely | Seraphin | Wall]
- Savoring the moment when the weight fell off their shoulders (even in the face of a 4th quarter Blazers comeback). [Us | Examiner | The Post | The Times | USA Today | Mothership]
- Celebration Thread! [Us]
- How does it feel to be the team that lost to the team that was 0-12? [Truth About It | Blazer's Edge | Blazer's Edge | The Oregonian | CSNNW]
- Mike's postgame analysis on how Chris Singleton's defense stifled LaMarcus Aldridge and helped get the Wiz their first win.
- Ben Golliver at Blazer's Edge on LaMarcus Aldridge's silence.
- How it almost didn't happen and how being a historical team for the wrong reasons is a terrifying concept [The Post]
And this was just nuts:
Emeka Okafor just caught a fan who was so excited about the win that he fell over the railing by the player tunnel.— Sarah Kogod (@SarahKogod) November 29, 2012