Former Washington Wizards coach Flip Saunders had some candid remarks about John Wall and the state of his former team.
Today's Wizards links:
- Flip Saunders, who has just been hired to be an ESPN analyst, gave an interview with Dan Stenberg where he talked about the state of the Wizards. There's a lot to check out in this link, but the most striking line was when he talked about the Wizards' strategy to get more veterans this summer. "Do I wish some of the things that were done after I left had been done before I was fired? Yeah," he said. [DC Sports Bog]
- Interviews after yesterday's practice. [Wizards.com | Wizards Insider]
- In case you missed it, jkhan15 explains how Anderson Varejao went HAM on Tuesday night. [Us]
- Trevor Booker blamed himself for the Wizards' loss on Tuesday night. [CSN Washington]
- Bradley Beal kind of did as well. [Washington Post | CSN Washington | Washington Examiner]
- Ted Leonsis compares the Wizards' rebuilding effort to the Nationals. Not sure how people will feel about this one. [CSN Washington, DC Sports Bog]
- Kevin Seraphin is No. 8 in Truth About It's #WizardsRank project.
- A.J. Price says he doesn't feel any pressure to replace John Wall. He should feel some pressure to improve on his opening-game play. [HoopsWorld]
- Speaking of Wall, his high school coach believes he's going to have a huge year. [USA Today]
- Episode 1 of Wizards Magazine, featuring Wall taking a family out to dinner. [WashingtonWizards.com]
- Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson and Stephen Curry are among the players who got early extensions. What do those contracts mean for Wall's future extension talks? [SB Nation]
- The strange injury saga of Eric Gordon. [New Orleans Times Picayune]