Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
In today's Washington Wizards links, the roster's health appears to be improving steadily as it preps to play its fifth preseason game against the Toronto Raptors, but it will still be some time before a few key players return to the court.
Take one step back from the ledge links:
- The Wizards will play their fifth preseason game to day against the Raptors, who are expecting to have Kyle Lowry back. [Raptors HQ]
- Nene and Kevin Seraphin are improving health-wise, but both are still a ways away from playing in games again. Meanwhile, both Chris Singleton and Trevor Booker are expected to play against the Raptors. [Us | Wizards Insider]
- Last season, Seraphin showcased the ability to become an effective low post player in the NBA, and he still has tons of room to improve. His closest comparable at age 22 doesn't exactly inspire confidence, though. [SB Nation D.C.]
- With so many regulars sitting out with injuries, Randy Wittman wants his reserve players to play within the offense. [Washington Times]
- The Wizards are holding an open house Thursday evening at Verizon Center, where fans will be able to tour the players' locker room and meet Bradley Beal, Nene, Trevor Ariza and A.J. Price. [Wizards.com]
- Jordan Crawford knows the Wizards are desperate for scoring, so he plans to keep chucking up shots. [Washington Post | Washington Examiner]
- How has the Wizards backcourt fared statistically halfway through the preseason? [CSN Washington]
- BNIE isn't so sure that a max contract extension for John Wall is inevitable.
- Another pessimistic outlook on the Wizards season. [Ball Don't Lie]
- This projection has the Wizards finishing third in the Southeast, but that's more due to how bad the bottom of the division is. [SI]
- If the NBA were to abandon it's current rules and adopt an NBA Jam-style of play (and really, why shouldn't it?), who would be the Wizards' two starters and lone sub? [Sir Charles In Charge]
- Wizards Magazine is baaaacck!!
- Just in case you just have to have a Wizards-themed pumpkin this Halloween, the team has you covered. [Wizards.com]
- Reviews of Barclays Center are in following the Nets' home debut against the Wizards, and the consensus seems to be that the new arena is, as Ariza put it, 'dope.' [Nets Daily]
- The Nets' roster looks pretty good too. [SI]
- The 76ers hope to have Andrew Bynum back a week from today. [SB Nation]
- Are the Hornets thinking about playing Anthony Davis at small forward some this season. As if the kid could be any more of a nightmare defensively... [Times-Picayune]
- Kevin Durant is not happy that the NBA is trying to make him and his teammates rush their pregame routines. [The Oklahoman]
- Even terrorists think LeBron James is a bit of a jerk. [Pippen Ain't Easy]
- Wow, that's a lot of dough for a gallon of Michael Jordan sauce. [SB Nation]
- Some 76-year-old dude tried out for the Warriors D-league affiliate. God bless America. [Ball Don't Lie]