Chris Graythen - Getty Images
The Washington Wizards won't have Emeka Okafor when they take on the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday night.
- Emeka Okafor is unlikely to play as he continues to deal with his food poisoning. Apparently, he has lost 12 pounds already. [Washington Examiner | Washington Post]
Early on, Martell Webster has been a revelation. [Washington Post | CSN Washington]
- Tonight's game against the Cleveland Cavaliers will begin at 7:30 EST, but it won't be televised or on the radio. Amin will do his best to recap it using the box score. [CSN Washington]
- A thought: would John Wall do some rehab in the NBA Developmental League? [Ridiculous Upside]
- Marc Stein reports that the Lakers are looking to offload Steve Blake or Chris Duhon to save some money. The Wizards kind of need a backup point guard with John Wall sidelined. So ... maybe there's a trade to be made here? [ESPN]
- Nats :-( [SB Nation D.C. | Federal Baseball]
- Times like these make this essay a really good read. [SB Nation]
- Powerful piece on our Nuggets blog on coming out in the NBA. [Denver Stiffs]
- We're halfway through our SB Nation NBA preview series. The Wizards will bring up the read in two weeks. In the meantime, read all our preview stuff here.