Mark J. Rebilas-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
In today's Washington Wizards links, the team wraps up training camp at George Mason University with an open scrimmage and Randy Wittman needs to get his players to move their feet on defense already!
Sayonara George Mason links:
- The Wizards wrapped up training camp at George Mason yesterday with an open scrimmage, in which Jannero Pargo couldn't miss, a free performance from Wale and a failed attempt to give away some free textbooks. [Us (scrimmage, practice) | Washington Post (scrimmage, practice) | CSN Washington (scrimmage, notes)]
- After watching his team send the Bobcats to the charity stripe 46 times in their first preseason game, Randy Wittman has made cutting down on silly fouls a focus. [CSN Washington]
- Without John Wall on the floor, the Wizards' on-court communication has been lacking during training camp. [Washington Times]
- It's been two weeks since the Wizards announced Wall's injury. How do things look so far? [Truth About It]
- After a poor summer league, Shelvin Mack has looked good running the point thus far in training camp, thanks in no small part to his positive attitude. [Us | CSN Washington]
- In addition to limiting his fouls, Wittmans wants Jan Vesely to take his open jump shots. [Washington Post | Washington Examiner | Ted's Take]
- Vegas has set the Wizards over/under win total for the 2012-13 season, and it ain't pretty. [Us | CSN Washington| Bovada)
- Zach Lowe doesn't see how the Wizards can make the playoffs if they start the season without Wall and Nene, but thinks the season could be positive if the team's young players show continued development. [Grantland]
- Nonetheless, Wizards fans (god bless 'em) just won't quit on their team. [CSN Washington]
- BNIE thinks this Wizards team and Wittman are a great match.
- The Wizards have launched a nifty mobile app. [Wizards.com]
- While Wizards fans are no doubt frustrated by Nene's nagging plantar faciitis, Nuggets fans might have warned us this was coming. [Denver Stiffs]
- For Arrested Development fans (and shame on the rest of you), this post by Jake couldn't get any more brilliant.
- Antawn Jamison is excited about (finally) joining a winning team in the Lakers, but it was difficult leaving his family back in North Carolina. Nice story about a good dude. [Orange County Register]
- Manute Bol's son, the awesomely-named Bol Bol, is in 7th grade and stands 6'5". He's also good enough at basketball to already have his very own viral highlight video. [Us | Yahoo! Sports | CBS Sports | The Basketball Jones]
- Bradley Beal has had a solid camp. Sounds like Dion Waiters has not. [The Plain-Dealer | SB Nation]
- Dwight Howard has been given the OK to play limited minutes of 5-on-5, but he'll still sit out the Lakers' preseason game today. [SB Nation | ESPN]
- Neither Harrison Barnes nor Brandon Rush have taken hold of the Warriors' starting small forward spot. [Sulia]
- After Deron Williams said Mark Cuban's absence from a meeting during free agency influenced the star guard's decision to not sign with the Mavericks, Cuban of course had to return fire by suggesting Williams' comments reflected poorly on the Nets' front office. Oh Cubes, you silly goose. [SB Nation]
- Here's an article about Phil Jackson saying LeBron James has the talent to be better than Michael Jordan, but as a UMD alum, there's only one person of note here. Can you spot him in the photo? [CBS Sports]