Joe Camporeale-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
In today's Washington Wizards links, the team kicks off its 2012 training camp with Media Day amidst the pall cast by John Wall's knee injury.
I can't imagine what everyone will be asking about today links:
- It's Washington Wizards Media Day, hooray!!! Mike will have periodic updates throughout the day, so make sure to keep it here at BF for the latest.
- The Wizards are also hosting a two-hour live stream beginning at noon on WashingtonWizards.com, so head over there to catch interviews with players, staff and team owner Ted Leonsis. The festivities will begin with a visit from first-round pick Bradley Beal. You can also ask questions via Twitter by using the hashtag #WizardsMediaDay.
- Tom Ziller runs through the 13 media day lies we're guaranteed to hear across the association. [SB Nation]
- The Wizards weren't considered an offensive juggernaut prior to John Wall's knee injury, but his eight-week absence will give some of his teammates a chance to embrace enhanced scoring roles. [Wizards Insider]
- Here's my take on the Wizards' in-house options to fill in for Wall.
- The Wizards tried to address their shooting woes by drafting Beal, bringing back Cartier Martin and signing Martell Webster, giving Randy Wittman the tall task of trying to find minutes for both his veteran shooters and young forwards. [CSN Washington]
- Our projections continue with a look at Webster, whom Jordan expects Wizards fans will see plenty of at the end of close games.
- Those still having a little difficulty navigating BF's new layout should check out this useful guide put together by Erik O and his Cardboard Cutout of Corey Maggette over at Clips Nation.
- Nick Young comes in at No. 13 as #WizardsRank pushes on. [Truth About It]
- The Wizards were eliminated long ago, but let's revisit SB Nation's 3-on-3 tournament, where the semifinals feature the Heat and Lakers matched up against their conference's squad of leftover players. Intrigue!
- Are the Heat beginning to worry about Dwyane Wade's longevity? [Miami Herald]
- The Heat also plan to take it easy with Lebron's minutes in the preseason. [SB Nation | ESPN]
- With a slew of new players to incorporate and no Derrick Rose for much of the season, Tom Thibodeau certainly has a tough task ahead of him. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Elton Brand sees himself as the Mavericks' new enforcer in the paint. [SB Nation | ESPN Dallas]
- Is Blake Griffin a jump shot away from being the next Karl Malone or Charles Barkley? [Orange County Register]
- Rick Adelman wasn't all that keen on the Timberwolves signing Brandon Roy, but he did support letting Michael Beasley head to the desert. [SB Nation | Minnesota Post]
- D.J. White has signed with Yao Ming's team in the Chinese Basketball Association. [Yahoo! Sports]