ESPN had a nice article about potential coaching candidates (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/28165/the-list-nba-head-coaching-candidates). I figured it was worth posting for discussion purposes. My top choices in no particular order.
- Jeff Van Gundy In a summer with potential for high-profile vacancies, this high-profile candidate is being discussed.
- Larry Brown Insiders can't agree whether or not Brown will get another shot after wearing out his welcome at his last two stops. Nobody disputes he'd like one.
- Mike Budenholzer Gregg Popovich's basketball factory has cranked out plenty of NBA leaders.
- Dwane Casey No one doubts his knowledge or work ethic -- the challenge is to wow owners in interviews.
Mike Krzyzewski Kobe Bryant has professed his admiration time and again, and the Lakers are coach-shopping.(HIGHLY UNLIKELY, kind of like being able to sign DHoward this summer)
- John Calipari The name comes up plenty, and with William Wesley on his side he could command respect from big-name players. But does he really want to coach in the NBA, or a bigger deal from Kentucky?
- Sean Miller "There were two guys who I knew, from the very start of their careers, would be great coaches," Stan Van Gundy tells ESPN's Kevin Arnovitz. "Sean Miller and Erik Spoelstra." David Thorpe says the Arizona coach "acts like a pro coach: He’s very composed, a very good teacher."
118 votes total
This represents the view of the user who wrote the FanPost, and not the entire Bullets Forever community. We're a place of many opinions, not just one.