Here is the formula for how I see the Wizards sliding into the eight spot.
1) John Wall makes a moderate improvement with his jumpshot. This will open the offense for everyone and obviously including himself.
2). The Wizards make a moderate strides in getting better defending the pick n roll, rotating on switches, and closing out on shooters.
3) Javale McGee makes progress in his baskeball IQ.This means that staying home sometimes is a lot better than going for the block.
4) Andray Blatche finds some kind of consistency and goes inside just enough to keep defenders honest
5) Rashard Lewis comes back and becomes the Wizards go to guy from three. Gets somewhere around 12-15 points per game.
6) Nick Young evolves as something more than just a scorer. He doesn't need to become a great playmaker just show teams that he can.
It is not unrealistic in my mind that the Wizards could make the playoffs this year. The Pacers made the 8th spot last year 8 games under 500 at 37-45. This kinda record is not a unrealistic goal for the Wizards especially if Nick Young is resigned. am not a believer in most of the bottom half of the Eastern Conference that made the playoffs last season. The Sixers are not that impressive. Same goes for the Pacers.