2011 Draft and FA Small Foward class...
This is my first fanpost ever for any SBNation blog so you know this I got wide-eyed I was curious to find out who can fill that hole for us next year... Lets start with the draft...
With at the moment projected pick...
- Harrison Barnes (North Carolina) - 1st pick...Fr.
- Perry Jones (Baylor) - 4th pick...Fr. (compared to Tracy McGrady)
- Kyle Singler (Duke) - 15th pick...Sr.
- Terrence Jones (Kentucky) - 16th pick...Fr.
- CJ Leslie (NC State) - 17th pick...Fr.
- Kris Joseph (Syracuse) - 25th pick...Jr.
- Wesley Witherspoon (Memphis) - 26th pick...Jr.
- Jeffery Taylor (Vanderbilt) - 27th pick...Jr
- JaJuan Johnson (Purdue) - 34th pick...Sr.
Ok I have to admit I don't know #2 and 6-8, but they are projected to go in the first round so they have some kind of potential. Plus we have to factor in the little things as well. Most of these guys are freshmen, but I would be shocked if at least half of the freshmen don't come out next year. Then it is the too early factor(meaning they may not even reach their potential during the college basketball season), but i'm sure a selected few should at least be projected decent players next year. Then there is the potential lockout, which is probably the only thing i'm scared of, but other than that the future looks bright if we are looking for a SF next year via draft.
And then in the 2011 FA class, there are names like...
Maybe we should let Al Thorton hold the fort this year and go shopping for our next, big major piece to build around Wall. What you guys think???