So the Wizards are making Ernie Grunfeld available to the media today at 2 p.m., much like they made Flip Saunders available on Tuesday. I'll be there asking questions and trying to decipher the man that's an expert at saying nothing with a lot of words.
Of course, there's still a lot of stuff I (and I'm sure all of you) want to know from Ernie, so I'm opening this thread to any question you'd like to see answered. As usual, I can't guarantee anything, but I'll do the best to try to ensure your questions get addressed in some form today.
Some things I'm interested in finding out:
- His reaction to Gilbert Arenas' comments in the Times (I'm sure someone will ask about that)
- What type of mandate he has about adding more salary, i.e. is he allowed by ownership to pursue adding an impact player on a long-term salary with the tools he can use.
- His general feeling on the worth of expiring contracts in today's economic climate. That could be followed up with a point blank question of how/if he plans on taking advantage of that, but I suspect we won't get any real answer to that one.
- What offers did actually come in for the fifth pick? Was there ever serious discussion about trading for Amare Stoudemire?
- What's your response to the claim that this season's offseason moves didn't do anything to help the team defensively (or something about the defense)?
I'm sure there are others, but those jump out at me off the top of my head. What would you want answered?