Continue on for a few observations about last night's box and also for the Wiz portion of the box from the loss to the Hawks (thanks go to Rook for tracking that one).
- Arenas again didn't get burned by playing off his man, as, like with Dallas, the Nets' guards couldn't take advantage from outside.
- Oberto and Blatche both did well contesting shots and defending the pick and roll, combining to allow only 5 of 18.5
- Stevenson and Haywood each created a net of 2 extra possessions (net margin of offensive rebounds grabbed/allowed and turnovers forced/committed)
- Amazingly efficient shooting night from Arenas and Blatche (mostly at the expense of Alston, Yi, and Najera)
- Miller had an efficient enough night offensively, and did some other good things, but got burned by the officials and some bad luck.
- I didn't include assists here, but Arenas-Foye-Oberto combined for 20 of them.
- They gave away too many possessions (particularly Arenas) and didn't create enough extra ones to get away with a mediocre shooting night.
- Dre's weakest defensive line didn't help.
- Miller and Stevenson had some costly fouls.