If you've been checking out Bullets Forever lately, you've probably noticed that we've been using the FanShot feature a lot. The FanShot is basically a quick hit post to a link, picture, video, etc. and it works out great for us because a lot of times there's news that's worth relaying but doesn't really constitute an entire post. The only drawback is that if you only read Bullets Forever through your RSS reader, than you're not getting these FanShots in your reader. So in order to catch you up on any news that you might have missed, here's a round up of all the FanShots FanPosts from the past few weeks
If you want to subscribe to the FanShots you can do that by clicking here, although we have to throw out the disclaimer that anyone can post a FanShot, so you can't say you weren't warned beforehand. Also, you can now also subscribe to the FanPosts (formerly the diaries), with the same disclaimer in effect.
Let's start this with some links from the links from the playoff series (which already seems like it was a month ago):
- First, Eddie Jordan's thoughts on the final play of Game 4: "[Gilbert's] our guy. And look, he made a terrific shot (on the previous possession). Who else do we have that can make that kind of shot? In the end, maybe he could have been used as a decoy. I always say that sometimes a threat is as dangerous as the action. Maybe we could have spotted him up and let Antawn or Caron get in on the last play. I thought about that as the ball was inbouded but it was too late by then."
- An example of a "flagrant, malicious, dirty, thuggish, uncalled for foul" from Jason Kidd. Somewhere Marvin Williams is saying "Hey! What about me?"
- Here's the quote from Brendan Haywood that prompted the now infamous Crybaby 23 T-Shirts. The blowback from the shirt was so bad that now Papa John's is offering 23 cent pizzas on Thursday in the Cleveland area. Will Jay-Z sell his next album for two cents in the District as an apology for Blow the Whistle? Don't forget the boycott on Love is still in effect until he does.
- Don't take fashion tips from DeShawn.
- TruthAboutIt and WaitingForNextYear had a great back and forth Q&A. Check it out.
- Jason wonders why the Wizards didn't try to make LeBron go left more.
Wilbon had a great write-up on Game 5 with an interesting look into Antawn's role as a leader. (HT: cuppetcj)
- After Songaila's suspension for Game 6, And One gathered responses from all sides on the issue.
- Speaking of weird rulings, Vanilla Gorilla wants to know why DeShawn's throat slash was being used in promos for game 5 if it netted him a $25,000 fine.
- Finally, Asian Zero's highlight reel of the series is a must see:
Now let's check out some links as we head into the off-season:
- Some people are calling for coaching changes. KDP wants to see Mike D'Antoni, mamemimo wants to see Avery Johnson. For what it's worth, Ivan Carter doesn't think a change will be made.
- Gilbert on who's crazier between DeShawn and himself: "No, he's crazier than me. I'm already broken. I learned early. He's not filtered. I think about stuff. Mine goes through the filter first."
- The last word belongs to Caron Butler who had this to say about the chances of Gilbert and Antawn coming back this season:
I look forward to both of them coming back. Obviously, I don't have that much input but publicly, I'm saying what I'm saying right now. I would love to have them back. I think that will be the case and I'm almost positive that will be the case.
I just have a hunch, a reliable source.