If you've been checking out Bullets Forever lately, you've probably noticed that we've been using the FanShot feature a lot. The FanShot is basically a quick hit post to a link, picture, video, etc. and it works out great for us because a lot of times there's news that's worth relaying but doesn't really constitute an entire post. The only drawback is that if you only read Bullets Forever through your RSS reader, than you're not getting these FanShots in your reader. So in order to catch you up on any news that you might have missed, here's a round up of all the FanShots from the past few weeks:
- We Rite Goode with excellent analysis on Jordan transition from Michael to Eddie.
- Give it up to miesteresean for winning the Bullets Forever Fantasy Basketball Championship.
- Truth About It chronicles the trash talking between the Cavs and Wizards over the last month.
- Gheorghe Muresan interview!
- Brendan Haywood's quote on the Game 1 scuffle : "It was nothing really, I set a blind screen and I thought he flopped on it. I went to talk to Delaney about it; James took offense that I was standing over him. At that point in the game, he's not going to get up and do anything. What's he gonna do? Throw a punch? Get thrown out of the game? Shoot, I would've been the MVP like Robert Horry if I got him to do that."
- Deliver some nets people!
- More Brendan quoting: "That's just how it is," Haywood said. "You know, any time LeBron gets touched, Mike runs out there like LeBron got shot or something. Calm down Mike. It's not that serious. We're not trying to take him out. It's all within the confines of the game. I don't see how coaches should be running out on the court like that anyway. Isn't there a coach's box? Since we're talking about the confines of the league rules, he shouldn't be out of the box ... You [Ivan Carter] have been covering me for how many years? I mean, it's not like I'm a guy that takes guys out. I've been criticized normally for NOT fouling, right? This is actually different ground for me."
- The Wizards finished 35th (out of 122) in the latest edition of ESPN's Franchise Rankings.
- Make sure you check out the final edition of the Blogger MVP Rankings.
- Empty the Bench makes the case that the Wizards should part ways with Gilbert. Personally, I don't agree, but you can take a look at it for yourselves.
- Classic video from the final 2 games of the 1978 NBA Finals between the Bullets and Sonics.
- Bullets Forever won a pretty award.
- And One compares the Cavaliers to a Mac.
- Finally, the one person at the Verizon Center that was as cool as Soulja Boi...Tim Russert!
There's several other FanShots that I left out because they're no longer relevant time-wise. If you want to subscribe to the FanShots you can do that by clicking here, although we have to throw out the disclaimer that anyone can post a FanShot, so if a Cavs fan comes in here and litters the FanShot section, you can't say you weren't warned. Also, you can now also subscribe to the FanPosts (formerly the diaries), with the same disclaimer in effect.