- The kudos are flying in from all around after Butler and Jamison were named to the All-Star team last night. There's articles from the Post, Times, DCist, and the Wizards' website regarding the selection. I'm going to especially highlight this passage from the Baltimore Sun's article:"I was lying in the bed," said Butler, who needed two IVs to help fight a stomach virus. "And once I got the news, I got up, got a little more perky, went to see the doctor. It feels great. It feels that much better knowing that I'm going with a teammate of mine."So there's your encouraging news for the day, hopefully the All-Star selections are just what the doctor ordered for Caron. If not, just remember that the Jazz have struggled guarding players with the flu in the past.
Crustache wants Caron Butler to swap numbers with Antawn Jamsion, a move I'm fully behind.
- Apparently 60% of NBA players go broke within 5 years of their retirement. Is this the same 60% that Charles Oakley said smokes marijuana? It makes you wonder...
- You might want to wait on making those "If it's Brown, flush it down!" signs for Sunday's game. The new hot rumor is that Kwame might be headed to Memphis. It never hurts to have those signs ready though.
UPDATE: Kwame (along with Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie, the rights to Pau's brother, and some draft picks) are indeed headed to Memphis in exchange for Pau Gasol. No word yet on whether or not Pau will be available for the game on Sunday. But we do know this: The Memphis game is now 20 times more exciting because we face Kwame AND Navarro (unless he JCN forces a trade/buyout to stay with Pau).
- Interviews galore! Here's interviews with Caron Butler, Eddie Jordan, and Nick Young.
- Some news on a divisional rival, it looks like Earl Boykins is headed to Charlotte.
- Make sure to wish Deuce of Davenport a happy birthday.
- I guess this was kind of inevitable after the win on Tuesday.